Wednesday 14 December, day 2 of the conference, features a two-hour workshop on the algae research agenda for 2020 and 2030. The workshop kicks off with a presentation of René Wijffels (Wageningen UR), entitled “European Roadmap for an Algae-Based Industry”. In his talk, René will present among others the priorities for future research as established during the similarly titled conference in April of this year, and he will present a global outlook for the expected timescale to develop commercial processes.
The second part of the workshop is a roundtable session moderated by Kyriakos Maniatis (European Commission, Directorate-General for Energy). A mix of industry and academic participants come together on stage, to develop a Strategic Innovation Paper identifying the needs for this dynamic and rapidly developing sector up to 2030.
Chair: Kyriakos Maniatis, European Commission, Directorate-General for Energy
- Vítor Verdelho, EABA
- René Wijffels, Wageningen University
- Mario Tredici, University of Florence
- Pedro Escudero, Buggypower
- Carlos Rodríguez-Villa Förster, AlgaEnergy
- Peter Ripplinger, Subitec
- Patrik R. Jones, Imperial College London
- Sammy Boussiba, Ben Gurion University
- Matt Carr, Executive Director of the Algae Biomass Organization
- Stefan Kraan, Ocean Harvest