Kim Kreuser - DLG Benelux (The Netherlands)
Anna Ivanko - DLG Benelux (The Netherlands)
The general objective of the European Algae Biomass Association (EABA) is to promote mutual interchange and cooperation in the field of biomass production and use, including biofuel uses and all other utilisations. It aims at creating, developing, and maintaining solidarity and links between its Members and at defending their interests at the European and international levels. Its main target is to act as a catalyst for fostering synergies among scientists, industrialists, and decision-makers in order to promote the development of research, technology, and industrial capacities in the field of Algae.
In this perspective EABA intends to constitute a basis for:
- Establishing a permanent liaison with EU and EU Member States’ Institutions.
- Defining and expressing a common position on EU issues (legislation, product specifications, trade and sustainability standards, etc.), acting as a technology-neutral platform.
- Representing the European biomass industry and the scientific community at the international level.
- Spreading scientific information and knowledge about biomass and biofuels production.
- Making research and industry alive in public debate.
- Promoting investment and financial support in the field of Algae.
- Helping the structuring and planning of research and industrial development on Algae.
- Fostering scientific freedom as well as responsibility.
- Studying all economic and technical problems which may impact the sector in the European Union and related countries and studying all the direct and indirect environmental, social and economic effects of production and use.
- Breaking scientific boundaries on Algae.
- Promoting the exchange of scientific information and the publication of sound articles.
-Below is a complete summary detailing the draft scope, objectives, and the main draft structure of the EABA.
DLG Benelux is part of DLG International: the leading German consulting company of the DLG group for the Agribusiness and Food Industry offering international expertise in setting up trade fairs and providing project management and consultancy services - national and international.
DLG International of numerous annual specialist exhibitions abroad and is part of DLG e.V. the German Agriculture Society.
DLG is a non-profit organization based in Frankfurt, Germany. One of its key objectives is to promote international agricultural knowledge across nations, and the society organizes a range of agricultural exhibitions throughout the world, including Agritechnica, the largest exhibition of agricultural machinery in the world, and EuroTier, the largest exhibition in Europe for livestock technology. In 2019 DLG organized more than 45 exhibitions in over 20 countries. DLG’s activities also include a world-renowned independent agricultural machinery test center, a DLG competence center for agriculture, and a 500-hectare international Crop Production center as well as a Test Centre for Food.
AlgaEurope 2023 is being organized by:
EABA - European Algae Biomass Association and DLG Benelux:
Follow us on social media